Since HORSCH introduced the high speed compact disc concept to North America, the Joker RT Series has become a necessary tool on many farms throughout the continent. Whether working in no-till, minimum-till, or
conventional till farming practices, the Joker RT adds time-efficiency within the optimum agronomic work windows for residue management and precise seedbed preparation. Its proven advantages over vertical tillage, tandem disc, field cultivators, and other shallow tillage concepts has revolutionized the North American tillage market. Simply put, the Joker RT adds agronomic and bottom line value to your operation.
UNIFORMITY AND CONSISTENCY
Blade angle and mounting design ensures consistent soil engagement and provides uniform working action across the machine. Consistent thorough horizontal fracture creates uniform soil structure, level working horizon, and provides uniform mixing of sized residue and soil, all foundations of an optimum seedbed. Uniform soil working action maximizes efficacy of pre-emerge herbicides, thorough incorporation of granular fertilizers and manure while providing optimum seedbed soil structure.
Maximize the agronomic benefits of post-harvest residue by promoting accelerated decomposition. Intense residue sizing provides more “open doors” for soil bacteria and fungi to initialize the residue decomposition process. Unlock the nutrient and organic matter values remaining in post-harvest residues to benefit the nutritional needs of future crops. Promote healthy crop environment by rapidly decomposing residue that harbor pathogens and dangerous pests.
The Horsch designed RollFlex is a unique, pioneering design for soil finishing and consolidation. It uses independent spring steel packer tongues, which are advantageous in moist to wet soils, given their ability to shed mud rather than plugging. This feature creates a final mixing effect as soil and residue are thrown into the packer. The design breaks apart remaining dirt clods and root balls and at higher speeds (7+ mph), the RollFlex lays finer soil on top of firmed coarser soil, creating a smooth soil surface ideal for planting. The Joker RT is equipped with an accumulator system to cushion stone and foreign object impacts. Unlike competitor machines there are no scrappers to plug. The Joker RT series is proven to create a capillary effect, such that it does a superior job working while still maintaining that needed soil moisture for germination.
Unique technique used during soil preparation that creates optimum seedbed environment. Consolidation promotes capillary affect in the soil, which uniformly draws and maintains moisture in the seedbed and seed zone. Uniform moisture in the seed zone ensures rapid seedling germination and uniform emergence, which are two key principals to establish maximum yield potentials. Creates a consistent, firm soil structure across the working width of the machine which optimizes seed placement performance of planters and seeders. Provides optimum soil to residue contact, which aids in accelerating residue decomposition.
The Joker RT Series high-speed compact disc makes an ideal precision tool for both primary tillage and secondary tillage. Since it’s pioneering of the high-speed compact disc in the North American market, the Joker RT has proven to be not only a very versatile tool in many cropping situations but also necessary tool when working in adverse conditions.
Advantages in Primary Tillage Applications
- Recondition and level fields after harvest as a first step to next seasons seedbed.
- Excellent for sizing, incorporating, and mulching post-harvest residues to kick-start decomposition.
- Effectively secures residue to prevent losses due to wind.
- Sustainable post-harvest weed control.
- Proven for use in terminating a wide variety of cover crops.
- Leveling action helps with field conditioning by eliminating of ruts, clumps, furrows, ridges, raised beds, and conditions after root crop harvesting.
- Depth is gauged by the RollFlex finishing system, providing full-width depth control for precise tillage.
Advantages in Secondary Tillage / Seedbed Preparation Applications
- Creates ideal seedbed for higher speed planting and seeding.
- Creates uniform soil structure and density that enhances seed placement performance of seeders and planters.
- Ideal complementary concept for single pass seedbed preparation following disc rippers, molboard plows, chisel plows, or sub-soilers.
- Provides additional residue sizing / incorporation to promote accelerated decomposition, unlocking nutrient value of residue for future crop growth.
- Thoroughly incorporates spread granular fertilizer and enhances the efficacy of pre-emerge herbicide applications.
- Sustainably control early season weed pressures through thorough horizontal tillage.
- Firms and secures soil through consolidation to prevent wind erosion.